Ingredient of Sauce
1/2 cup peanut oil | 1 tsp turmeric powder | 1/4 cup sliced onion | 2 tbsps sliced lemon grass | 2 tbsps sliced ginger | 2 tbsps sliced garlic
2 tsps shrimp paste | 1/4 cup finely ground chickpeas | 1/4 cup fish sauce | 2 sliced boiled eggs | 100 g sliced banana stalk
Ingredient Fish stock
1 catfish | 1 pound lemon grass | 2 cloves minced garlic | 1 tsp turmeric powder | 2 lt cold water |
500 g Thai vermicelli | 1 cup sliced long bean | coriander for garnishing
Ingredients of Chili paste
3 tbsps sliced lemon grass | 1/4 cup soaked and sliced-dried | cayenne chili | 1/4 cup sliced onion | 1/4 cup sliced garlic | 3 tbsps sliced ginger
1. Add catfish, lemon grass, garlic, turmeric powder, and water into a pot. Boil soup and skim soup surface to make clear soup. Keep boiling with low heat about 20 minutes. Drain and remove fish meat and bone. Set aside.
2. Finely ground lemon grass, chili, onion, garlic, and ginger together to make chili paste. Set aside.
3. Pre-heat peanut oil and add turmeric powder and chili paste. Stir-fry until fragrant. Add onion, lemon grass, ginger, and garlic. Keep stir-frying about 5-6 minutes.
4. Add fish meat. Stir-fry and mix them well. Put mixture into fish stock. Add chickpeas and mix them well. Wait until stock is boiled then season with fish sauce. Add onion, hardboiled egg and banana stalk. Simmer soup about 20 minutes until banana stalk is tender then turn down the heat.
5. Put Thai vermicelli in a plate. Ladle soup on Thai vermicelli. Garnish with coriander, long bean, and Crab Stick tempura
Ingredient: Crab Stick Tempura
10 pcs “KANI-O” | 60 g all purpose flour | 1 egg yolk | 120 g cold water | vegetable oil
Direction: Crab Stick Tempura
1. In mixing bowl, put the egg yolk into the all purpose flour and whisk until well mixed. Gently pour cold water into the batter. Mix well.
2. Heat the oil in frying pan with medium temperature. When the oil is heated, dip Crab Stick into the batter and deep fry until golden brown.